However, we believe this will be a chance for enhanced networking as you will see when you participate.
Hosted by Reemal Rabheru on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. Attendees can expect first class speakers and great networking opportunities.
Join Our Facebook Community
Keep up-to-date with FREE valuable content whilst connecting with like-minded property investors & potential JV partners
your bi-weekly dose of property insights written by Simon Zutshi
pin Blogs ARE LIVE!
your bi-weeky dose of property insights written by Simon Zutshi
your regular dose of property insights written by Simon Zutshi
Milton Keynes October 2020 Meeting
Why invest in commercial property - and why not? - Suzi Carter
With the recent changes in legislation and the residential property tax regime, more investors are starting to invest in commercial property.
Suzi’ Carters new talk entitled “Why Commercial Property – and Why Not?”, will give invaluable tips how to profit from commercial property investment. This is a very specialist sector that Suzi hopes to be able to de-mystify, and to give hints and tips how to maximise profits from investing in retail, offices and industrial property.
Suzi is a Chartered Surveyor with over 20 year’s experience in the commercial property sector. She has worked for some of the UK’s largest property companies and agents, latterly being a Director at Land Sec PLC, the UK’s largest REIT. Suzi now has her own property investment company and consultancy business.
During Suzi's presentation, you will gain:
- An introduction to investing in commercial property, learning from Suzi’s 20 plus years of experience in working in this sector.
- A demonstration of how you don’t need to do ANY works to a commercial property to increase the rent AND the capital value!
- An overview of the current market in each commercial sector – and how this can inform your investment decisions
- Valuable hints and tips how to profit from investing in commercial property.
ALSO... Landlord Tax Planning 2020 - Mark Smith
- Are you a hands-on landlord looking to counter the effects of loss of finance cost relief?
- Do you want to get your business into a company structure without having to refinance your current lending?
- Do you want to pass on as much of your business as you can whilst minimising the effects of IHT?
- Do you want to maximise your personal tax allowances?
If you are a property rental business, working 20 hours or more in an average week, and sharing income and expenses in common with another (eg spouse) then you could well be eligible for incorporation into a limited company, without having to refinance your current lending and with rollover relief on capital gains and exemptions from Stamp Duty. This would give your business full relief from finance costs, as well as a whole range of other opportunities for equity release, income maximisation and succession planning.
Mark Smith is a barrister well-known in the private rented sector. He led the legal team that recovered £27million of unlawfully charged mortgage interest from West Bromwich Building Society in 2016 on behalf of 6200 landlords (Mark Alexander v West Bromwich).
In association with Property118, he has designed robust strategies to allow rental businesses to incorporate without refinancing, and over 100 businesses have successfully done so to date from the introduction of the BICT in November 2015.
Secure your place on your next local pin Meeting