Hosted by Lee Beecham on the 1st Wednesday of every month at the Royal Eastbourne Golf Club. Attendees can expect first class speakers and great networking opportunities.
Registration opens at 6pm.
Royal Eastbourne Golf Club
BN20 8BP Get Directions
pin Blogs ARE LIVE!
Your regular dose of property insights written by Simon Zutshi
your bi-weekly dose of property insights written by Simon Zutshi
pin Blogs ARE LIVE!
your bi-weeky dose of property insights written by Simon Zutshi
your regular dose of property insights written by Simon Zutshi
Eastbourne May 2019 Meeting
Please note change of DATE for this month's pin meeting is Wednesday 8th May
Incorporating without refinancing and other taxation strategies - Mark Smith
• Are you a hands-on landlord looking to counter the effects of loss of finance cost relief?
• Do you want to get your business into a company structure without having to refinance your current lending?
• Do you want to pass on as much of your business as you can whilst minimising the effects of IHT?
• Do you want to maximise your personal tax allowances?
If you are a property rental business, working 20 hours or more in an average week, and sharing income and expenses in common with another (eg spouse) then you could well be eligible for incorporation into a limited company, without having to refinance your current lending and with rollover relief on capital gains and exemptions from Stamp Duty. This would give your business full relief from finance costs, as well as a whole range of other opportunities for equity release, income maximisation and succession planning.
Mark Smith is a barrister well-known in the private rented sector. He led the legal team that recovered £27million of unlawfully charged mortgage interest from West Bromwich Building Society in 2016 on behalf of 6200 landlords (Mark Alexander v West Bromwich).
In association with Property118, he has designed robust strategies to allow rental businesses to incorporate without refinancing, and over 100 businesses have successfully done so to date from the introduction of the BICT in November 2015.
ALSO.... Headache in the Pipeline? Developing a Strategy for your Utilities... Jeff Topp
Jeff Topp, from pin’s preferred utilities supplier - Full Power Utilities – will be sharing his knowledge and expertise about utility management and helping us to minimise the associated headache and costs.
Normally a substantial running cost for HMO/Serviced Accommodation operators, Jeff will inform you of the different options available to you with regards the procurement and management of your gas and electricity supply.
During his talk, Jeff will cover several topics, including:
- How to minimise/remove the headache associated with managing your (growing) portfolio’s utilities.
- How a commercial utility rate can be secured on a domestic use property (without VAT implications).
- How to protect yourself from inevitable price increases and additional charges.
- How to avoid dealing with the suppliers!