Hosted by Wayne Freebody and Nigel Budgen on the 1st Tuesday of every month at the Chilworth Manor Hotel. Attendees can expect first class speakers and great networking opportunities.
Registration opens at 6pm.
Southampton July 2018 Meeting
Top tips, tools and techniques that will help you turn your property into a property business - Luke Spikes
Whether your decision to invest in property was by accident or by design, the way in which you decide to manage and run it will make a big difference to whether your property ambitions are realised. Or not.
during Luke's presentation, he will bring his 33 years experience of starting and building businesses to bear on helping you start down the path of turning your property ambitions into a dynamic, high-performing property business. Whether you are just starting out and yet to acquire your first property, or you’re a property veteran with an extensive portfolio there’s likely to be a tip, a tool or a technique you can start applying tomorrow.
In this fast paced and interactive presentation, you will learn:
- Why mind set matters and how to go about fine-tuning yours,
- The importance of being clear about your purpose,
- How visualisation can help improve performance and how anyone can do it,
- That your goals and objectives can be whatever you want them to be, but to be effective they must be specific, measurable and time-bound,
- That sometimes doing less can help you accomplish more.
Safe as Houses? - Fire safety management in HMOs (Houses in Multiple Occupation) - Antony Bolder
Fire prevention is a critical component in ensuring the continued safety of people residing in buildings. As the national tragedy of Grenfell Tower has exposed, the incorrect application of building works or lack of correct planned preventative maintenance programme can have devastating effects.
Having been in the fire service, as an operational officer, fire safety, community safety and health and safety specialist for 27 years, Antony has taken those skill sets into the private sector of fire consultancy. Working with a host of letting agents and private landlords, and through multiple fire risk assessment surveys, the level of understanding in both active and passive fire safety elements from an owners or `responsible persons` view is still a real issue. This together with understanding the responsibility to provide fire safety aspects under either the Fire Safety Order or HMO management regulations, many of which are `absolute` under the law, are important elements in ensuring todays landlords or letting agents/management companies are exercising their required duties correctly.
During Antony's presentation he will highlight the following major points:
• Legislation and its effects on pin members
• Fire Dynamics (including fire growth and spread in compartments)
• `Active` and `Passive`systems
• Testing and Inspection programmes (as required by the FSO/MHMOR)
• LandlordsFSO fire management programme as an alternative to paper based documents
By the end of the presentation you will be in a more informed position on the requirements for fire safety as it applies to your properties, together with information on how to complete the required tests and inspections in relation to an overall fire prevention strategy.